The AVR could be a changed Harvard design 8-bit RISC single chip microcontroller that was developed by Atmel in 1996.The AVR AVR AVR coaching AVR logo11was one in every of the primarymicrocontroller families to use on-chip nonvolatile storage for program storage, as against One-Time Programmable ROM, EPROM, or EEPROM employed by different microcontrollers at the time.
“The AVR design was formed by 2 students at the Norwegian Institute of Technology (NTH) Alf-Egil Bogen and Vegard Wollan”.
tinyAVR— the ATtiny series
- 0.5–8 kB program memory
- 6–32-pin package
- Limited peripheral set
megaAVR— the ATmega series4–256 kB program memory
- 28–100-pin package
- Extended instruction set (Multiply instructions and instructions for handling larger program memories)
- Extensive peripheral set
XMEGA— the ATxmega series
- 16–384 kB program memory
- 44–64–100-pin package (A4, A3, A1)
- Extended performance features, such as DMA, “Event System”, and cryptography support.
- Extensive peripheral set with DACs
- Difference between MC-51 (CISC) & AVR (RISC) family of microcontrollers
- The RISC architecture of AVR family’s micro controller
- Introduction To Different AVR mic
- Microcontrollers ( Atmega8515,ATmega8535,ATmega8, Atmega16 etc.)
- Pin Detail of Atmega8515,ATmega8535,ATmega8, Atmega16 etc.
- Programming in Embedded C and different Embedded C compilers.
- Machine Code Burning Techniques and Softwares.
- Hardware interfacing and Programming In embedded c of following External and On Chip Devices with AVR microcontrollers:
- Led (using PORTS as Output)
- Switch ( Using PORTS as input)
- Matrix keyboard
- Relay (To control Switching of AC devices e.g. Bulb,Fan, Heater etc.)
- Stepper Motor (Speed and Direction Control)
- DC motor (Speed and Direction Control)
- LCD Display System
- Seven segment display
- Single Chanel Analog to Digital Convertor(ADC0804)
- Multichannel Analog to Digital Convertor (adc809)
- Digital to Analog converters
- I2C based Serial Real Time clock (DS1307)
- Serial communication b/w micro-controller and PC & b/w Two micro-controller
- Programming and Practical implementation Hardware and Software Interrupts
- Programming and Practical implementation of On chip Timer & Counter
- PWM generation using on chip PWM generator and its practical implementation .
- Programming and Practical implementation of on chip Analog Comparator.
- Programming and Practical implementation of On chip Multichannel Analog to digital Convertor (Atmega8535, Atmega8. Atmega16)
- Interfacing of different types of sensors
- AVR Microcontroller based Project Development
- Design and Testing of AVR family Microcontroller Evaluation Board